In Date Red Blood Cells
Seraplex sources In Date Red Blood Cells that cannot be used for transfusion from hospital blood banks and community blood centers.
We have the ability to source large numbers of red cell units for in vitro diagnostic manufacturing. These are units from rare blood types such as AB donors, or blood types that may be in surplus at a particular blood center. We have the ability to source red cells that are within 14-21 days from draw. All of the Red Blood Cells that Seraplex supplies are the highest quality units, and have been quality checked by Seraplex’ Distribution and Seraplex’ Quality Assurance Department.
Seraplex can source Leuko Reduced and Non Leuko Reduced Red Blood Cells from Regional Blood Centers and Hospital Blood Banks throughout the United States.
Red Blood Cells – In-date for In Vitro Diagnostic Use
Product # PS260
- Red Blood Cells, drawn from qualified human blood donors, provided prior to expiration date collected at FDA registered Blood Establishments.
- Red Blood Cell units will be:
within normal expiration date for anticoagulant used (specify days from draw to delivery)
collected and maintained in the original FDA approved collection container in FDA approved anticoagulant
prepared from separated whole blood or from apheresis collection, collected under normal aseptic conditions, and stored at 1 – 6 C.
- May be leukoreduced, non-leukoreduced, or with additive solutions to extend shelf life as below.
- CPD or CP2D (21 day shelf life),
- CPDA-1 (35 day shelf life)
- ACD-A, CPD, CP2D with Additive (AS-1, AS-3, AS-5) (42 day shelf life)
- Each unit labeled with the product description, unit number, anticoagulant, collection date and/or expiration date, and the name of blood establishment.
- Normal in color, free of hemolysis and clots.
- Included with each shipment:
- Signed Certificate of Compliance with the following information:
- Certification of testing.
- Each donor unit tested by an FDA licensed laboratory with FDA licensed test kits.
- Test results Negative or Non-Reactive for HBsAg, anti-HBc, anti-HIV 1/2, anti-HTLV I/II, anti-HCV, and Syphilis, HIV -1 RNA and HCV RNA. Results for other viral tests if performed such as HBV NAT, West Nile Virus and Chagas (T. cruzi) Negative or Non-Reactive.
- Certification of Storage Temperature. The red cell units have been maintained at 1 – 6 C.
- Collection Data: A record listing the unit number, collection date and / or expiration date will
accompany each shipment. Each unit will be cross-referenced to the box in which it is packed.
- Packing: Red Blood Cell units packed in validated shipping containers suitable for 48 hour temperature control.
- Shipping: Depends on customer specification.
- Shipped at 1 – 10 C with cold packs with an insulating barrier between the units and the cold packs to protect from freezing,
- Next Day Delivery by Federal Express with cold packs to maintain temperature.
- Order Lead Time: Depends on required quantity. Contracts and Standing Orders available.
If you are a researcher or in vitro diagnostic manufacturer interested in buying red blood cells for manufacturing, please give us a call at (626) 792-9945 or email your request to email@example.com