Each lot of Cord Plasma is evaluated for alpha feta protein levels.
Seraplex removes the Cord Red Cells from Whole Cord Blood units. The leftover Cord Plasma is pooled into 500 ml Nalgene bottles and kept frozen at -18 C or colder. We also have the ability to pool Cord Plasma in specialty bottles, upon request. The Cord Plasma is clean and clear, and free of gross hemolysis or discoloration and is rich in alpha feta protein.
The Cord Plasma is collected from Cord Whole Blood units. All Cord Plasma has been fully tested for viral markers.
Cord Plasma for In Vitro Diagnostic Use
Product # PS245
- Cord plasma separated from cord whole blood and pooled in 500 mL containers.
- Supplied from Accredited and Inspected Hospitals and Cord Blood Banks. Facilities supplying the cord blood have a current valid FDA establishment registration, and have obtained donor consent.
- A sample of plasma from each collection is tested at an FDA licensed laboratory and found non-reactive for the presence of HBsAg, negative for antibody to HIV 1/2 and HCV. Syphilis and HIV and HCV PCR testing may also be performed.
- Cord Whole Blood units will be:
- ~100 mL
- collected in CPD anticoagulant
- collected and maintained in the original FDA approved collection container or whole blood may be transferred to 50 mL sterile tubes. Red Cells provided as individual collections in tubes or pooled red cells in 250 mL to 1 Liter containers.
- Stored at 2 – 8 C.
- Can be provided in the following configurations:
|Human Cord Plasma, Pooled CPD with assayed
α-feto protein (AFP) levels
Stored at -15 to -25 C
- Each unit labeled with the product description, unit number or tube number, anticoagulant, collection date and volume.
- Normal in color, free of hemolysis and clots.
- Included with each shipment: Signed Certificate of Analysis with the following information:
- Certification of testing as above
- Certification of Storage Temperature
- Collection Data: Unit number or tube number, collection date, and volume
- For cord plasma: Concentration and Assay Method for AFP testing.
- Packing: Cord Plasma containers packed in shipping containers suitable for 48 hour temperature control with cold packs.
- Shipping: Depends on customer specification.
- Shipped at 1 – 10 C with cold packs with an insulating barrier between the units and the cold packs to protect from freezing, Next Day Delivery by Federal Express with cold packs to maintain temperature.
- Order Lead Time: Depends on required quantity. Contracts and Standing Orders available.
Contact us today to receive more information about our Cord Plasma inventory. Call us at (626) 792-9945 or email us at email@example.com.